Linux is an operating system that began to widely used at this time, and started displacing the position and the dominance of windows. due to the increasing number of variants and also supported by big companies call it google that makes linux more and more in gemari. Besides the display of dektops linux now also friendly and easily running it and some say linux is better than Windows. call it the popular linx OS Ubuntu, Debian, Opensuse, FreeBSD, Redhad and more branch or its derivative distributions.
Android is an operating system built from Linux kernel and can be say, android is a Linux distribution which is made and developed by google. Now I want to share my knowledge about security/antiVirus Linux.
Linux operating system basically known is more resistant to Virus attacks, and variants but several big companies that make a lot of Antivirus antivirus that works on the Linux operating system. Here are some antivirus and security that works with Linux. and this would be very useful if used for a server with a client who is still using windows.
ClamAV is most popular among Linux users. This is an open source anti-virus toolkit designed especially for email-scanning on mail gateways. Not only that clamAV also provides a number of utilities including a multi-threaded daemon that is flexible and scalable, the command line scanner but also a powerful tool for automatic database updates.
Some of the other major features include:
- built-in support for various archive formats, including Zip, Tar,
- Gzip, Bzip2, OLE2, Cabinet, CHM, Part, SIS and others;
- built-in support for almost any email format files;
- built-in support for ELF executables and Portable executable files
- compressed with UPX, FSG, Petite, NsPack, wwpack32, Mew, Upack and
- obscured with SUE, Y0da Cryptor and others;
- built-in support for popular document formats including Microsoft
- Office and Mac Office files, HTML, RTF and PDF.
TrueCrypt in other open source security tools that perform the responsibilities of encryption. This helps users to create encrypted virtual disk in a file and mount it as a real disk.
Some of the key features of TrueCrypt include:
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypt a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Paralelisasi and pipelining allows data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be either hardware-accelerated on a modern processor.
- TrueCrypt is also available for Windows and Mac users.
A very well known anti-virus that provides the performance and memory requirements are light. Linux avast Home Edition is an antivirus solution for the increasingly popular Linux platform. Home Edition is offered for free but only for home use, non-commercial use.
- A Simple Intuitive User Interface
- Independent on installed graphic libraries
- Working with scan results
- Actions with infected files
- Save the scan results (history)
- Virus encyclopedia
- Command-line scanner with STDIN/STDOUT mode
- Non-incremental update
- Updates can be fully automatic
- Alerts via SMTP
- Works on all modern distributions
- Shell scripts for common tasks